Controversy Around a Whale Interpretative Centre at Point Lookout

Protest song by Point Lookout resident Clara Durbidge, Change.org petition and 18 739 signatures, radio interviews (with Steve Austin on ABC Radio drive August 2018), news coverage, Point Lookout protest and Vimeo film footage follow pegs in the ground staking out the location of a Whale Interpretative Centre at Point Lookout headlands old tennis courts. Unlikely …

“North Stradbroke Island begins to become Minjerribah and a whole lot of other things announced” Brisbane Times

Demolition of old Sibelco mining huts on Adams Beach where a new, $3.35 million cultural centre would be built facing the waters of Moreton Bay. "The Minjerribah Cultural Centre should be completed by 2020.  It is the second tangible sign of the Queensland government's $29.75 million economic transition strategyfor 23 projects to slowly lead the island …

Save Stradbroke Active in the Toondah Harbour Redevelopment Campaign

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-06/developer-issues-legal-threat-to-minister-over-protected-wetland/10581734?fbclid=IwAR1GbCUwZZL396b8Zarew0N97SYqAe3KVPiL8SWeL8VTY7IBgrSxrUPiRtg "SHOULD PREMIER PALASZCZUK STEP IN AND REVOKE THE TOONDAH PRIORITY DEVELOPMENT AREA (PDA) PLAN? As we posted last Saturday, the ABC has exposed Federal Treasurer Josh Frydenberg for rejecting the Federal Government's own independent scientific and legal experts' advice to immediately end the Toondah Harbour Priority Development Area (PDA) proposal. The PDA plan allows …

All About Adder Rock; Notes Compiled by Elisabeth Gondwe April 2017

All About Adder Notes Compiled by Elisabeth Gondwe April 2017 According to Aunty Margaret Iselin the, name of what we now call ‘Adder Rock’ is Mulmakul.  Mulmakul means place of the Death Adder. Adder Rock is a recent name.  It is thought to date from the 1930’s and refers to the abundance of death adders.  …

Asylum Ward Replica, North Stradbroke Island Museum on Minjerriba

The North Stradbroke Island Historical Museum was officially opened on 22 October 1988 by the Sixth Earl of Stradbroke and Countess Rosie at Point Lookout Hall. It is now housed in a combination of original and replica Benevolent Asylum buildings.The main Museum building: the front section was built by mineral sand mining company CRL using …